We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Website Developer to join our team in Bristol. You will be responsible for building bespoke, customised websites using a CSS framework.
You will work closely with our creative director to create websites according to mockups using CSS frameworks and preprocessors and you should be able to translate our company and customer requirements into functional, bespoke websites.
If you have a sharp eye for website development and user experience, then this job is for you.
We would like a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
- Understand the business and propose solutions adapted to the business requirements
- Having ownership of projects and collaborating on existing projects
- Delivering high quality, working functionality
- Building complex user interfaces
- Coding for cross-browser and accessibility support.
- Carrying out quality assurance testing
- Fixing bugs and retesting functionality
- Writing tests and documentation
- Deploying your code to live environments
- Performing server maintenance, tweaks and updates, when necessary
- Experience writing PHP/Laravel
- Understanding of good UI/UX techniques
- Understanding & using tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience with cross-browser and optimisation techniques
- First class communication skills - internal and external
- Experience using and creating plugins for OctoberCMS
- Experience in working with API’s and integration
- Experience using WordPress
- Highly motivated with the ability to maintain a predictable and reliable schedule for delivery
- Fantastic communication skills
- Articulate, adaptable and likeable
- Comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work whilst working effectively as part of a larger team
- Enthusiastic with a great “can do” attitude and good work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for design
- Tech savvy and interested in events and/or technology